Operator Theory, Approximation of Pseudo-Differential Operators, Integral Equations, Wavelets.
D.Sc. (Habilitation) in Mathematical Analysis & Differential Equations, Odessa State University, Ukraine, 1994
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Kazan State University, USSR, 1979
M.Sc. (Diploma) in Mathematics, Odessa State University, 1976, USSR
Southern University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor, 2018 – present
Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam, Visiting Professor, 2017
University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei, Full Professor, 2008 – 2016
University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, 1998 – 2008
Odessa State University, Ukraine, Full Professor, 1995 – 2001
Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany, Research Associate, 1996 – 1997
Odessa State University, Ukraine, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, 1979 – 1995
Other Professional Activities
Vice President of East Asia Section of SIAM, 2009 – 2010
Managing Editor of East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics, Global Science Press
Advisory Editor of Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, Wiley
Member of Standing Committee of the East Asia Section of SIAM, 2004 – 2014
1. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2008) Approximation of Additive Convolution-Like Operators – Real C-Algebra Approach, Birkh¨auser, Frontiers in Mathematics, xii+306 pp. ISBN 978-3-7643-8750-1.
1. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann.(2018) Kernels of a class of Toeplitz plus
Hankel operators with piecewise continuous generating functions. In: Contemporary Computational Mathematics - A Celebration of the 80th Birthday of Ian Sloan, Springer-Verlag, 317–337.
2. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2017) Invertibility and inverses of Toeplitz plus Hankel operators. Journal of Operator Theory, 78, Issue 2, 293-307.
3. Didenko V.D. and R.V. Duduchava. (2016) Mellin convolution operators in Bessel potential spaces. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 443, Issue 2, 707–731.
4. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2016) Generalized Toeplitz plus Hankel operators: kernel structure and defect numbers. Complex Analysis and Operator Theory, 10, Issue 6, 1351-1381.
5. Didenko V.D., Tang T., and A.M. Vu. (2015) Spline Galerkin methods for the
Sherman-Lauricella equation on simple contours with corners. SIAM J. Numerical Analysis, 53, Issue 6, 2752–2770.
6. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2014) Structure of kernels and cokernels of Toeplitz plus Hankel operators. Integral Equations and Operator Theory, 80, Issue 1, 1–31.
7. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2014) Some Results on Invertibility of Toeplitz plus Hankel operators, Annalas Academie Scientarium Fennicae, Mathematica, 39, 443-461.
8. Didenko V. D. and J. Helsing. (2013) Nystr¨om method for the Muskhelishvili equation on piecewise smooth contours, SIAM J. Numerical Analysis, 51, Issue 3, 1757–1776.
9. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2013) Index calculation for Toeplitz plus Hankel operators with piecewise quasi-continuous generating functions, Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 45, No. 3, 633–650.
10. Didenko V.D. (2012) Properties of L2-solutions of refinement equations, Journal of Operator Theory, 67, Issue 2, 301–316.
11. Didenko V. D. and J. Helsing. (2011) Stability of the Nystr¨om method for the
Sherman-Lauricella equation, SIAM J. Numerical Analysis, 49, No 3, 1127-1148.
12. Didenko V.D. and W.P. Yeo. (2010). The Spectral Radius of Matrix Continuous Refinement Operators, Advances in Computational Mathematics, 33, 1, 113–127.
13. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2009) Computational approach to solvability of refinement equations, Mathematics of Computation, 78, 1435–1466.
14. Didenko V.D. (2008) Spectral radius of refinement and subdivision operators with power diagonal dilations. Complex Analysis and Operator Theory, 2, 345–359.
15. Didenko V.D. (2007) Estimates of the spectral radii of refinement and subdivision operators with isotropic dilations. Journal of Operator Theory, 58, Issue 1, 3–22.
16. Didenko V.D., Lee, S.L., Roch, S. and B. Silbermann. (2007) Approximate foveated images and reconstruction of their uniform pre-images. Journal of Approximation Theory, 147, Issue 1, 11–27.
17. Didenko V.D. and Venturino E. (2007) Approximate solution of the Muskhelishvili equation on smooth curves. Mathematics of Computation, 76, 1317–1339.
18. Didenko V.D. (2005) Spectral Radii of Refinement and Subdivision Operators. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 133, No. 8, 2335–2346.
19. Didenko V.D. and B. Silbermann. (2002) On stability of approximation methods for the Muskhelishvili equation. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 146/2, 419–441.