Dr. Ramachandran Rajendran received his master degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology from Bharathiyar University, and the Ph.D. degree from VIT University, India in 2011 and 2016, respectively. After his successful Post-Doctoral Research experience in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SUSTech, he joined as a Research Assistant Professor in the School of Microelectronics in 2018. Ramachandran Rajendran has published 3 book chapters and more than 35 SCI journal papers in the reputed journals which including Applied Energy, Electrochimica Acta, Electroanalysis, Applied Surface Science, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, etc. His google scholar citation is 1056 with h-index of 20. email@example.com
February 2016- Doctor of Philosophy (Nanotechnology)- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India.
April 2011- Master of Science in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology-Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India.
April 2009- Bachelor of Science in Physics- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India.
2018 to present: Research Assistant Professor, School of Microelectronics, SUSTech, China
2016-2018: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SUSTech, China.
2013-2014: Junior Research Fellow, CVRDE, DRDO (Defense Research Development Organization), Avadi, India.
2012-2013: Research Associate, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India.
2010-2011: NFP Intern (National Fusion Programme Fellow), Institute of Plasma
Research, Gandhi Nagar, India.
Awards & Honors
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016: “Research Award” from VIT University, India.
2017: “Outstanding Reviewer” from Electrochimica Acta and materials chemistry and physics.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Fei Wang, “Electrochemical Capacitors Performance- Influence of Aqueous Electrolytes,” Supercapacitors - Theoretical and Practical Solutions, InTechOpen Publisher, ISBN 978-953-51-5764-9. DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.70694
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Murugan. Saranya, Fei Wang, “Metal oxides/hydroxides composite electrodes for supercapacitors,” Electrochemical Capacitors - Theory, Materials and Applications’, Materials Research Forum LLC, USA, ISBN 978-1-945291-56-2, 2018
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., “Porous nickel oxide microsphere and Ti3C2Tx hybrid derived from metal-organic framework for battery-type supercapacitor electrode and non-enzymatic H2O2 sensor, Electrochimica Acta 322, 134772, 2019.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Qikun Hu, Fei Wang, Zong-Xiang Xu, Synthesis of N-CuMe2Pc nanorods/graphene oxide nanocomposite for symmetric supercapacitor electrode with excellent cyclic stability, Electrochimica Acta 298, 770-777, 2019.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., “Influence of Ti3C2Tx (MXene) intercalation pseudocapacitance on electrochemical performance of Co-MOF binder-free electrode”, Ceramics International 44, 14425–14431, 2018.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., Synthesis of copper benzene-1, 3, 5-tricarboxylate metal-organic frameworks with mixed phases as the electrode material for supercapacitor applications, Applied Surface Science 460, 33-39, 2018.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., Morphology-dependent electrochemical properties of cobalt-based metal organic frameworks for supercapacitor electrode materials, Electrochimica Acta 267, 170-180, 2018.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., Effect of reducing agent on graphene synthesis and its influence on charge storage towards supercapacitor applications, Applied Energy, 153, 22-31, 2015.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, et al., Synthesis of cobalt sulfide-Graphene (CoS/G) nanocomposites for supercapacitor applications, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 12(6), 985-990, 2013.