2014.01 – 2017.08, Nanyang Technological University, PhD (Optics)
2011.09 – 2014.01, Tianjin University, Master (Optical Engineering)
2007.09 – 2011.06, Tianjin University, Bachelor (Optoelectronics)
2021-03 to present, Southern University of Science and Technology, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Associate Professor
2020-09 to 2021-03, ShanghaiTech University, School of Information Science and Technology, Assistant Professor
2019-08 to 2020-07, University of Pennsylvania, postdoctoral fellow
2017-04 to 2019-07, Nanyang Technological University, Research Fellow
Terahertz technology and applications
Devices for the next-generation wireless communications
Terahertz imaging and sensing
Metamaterials, Metasurfaces, Photonic crystals
Awards & Honors
Gold Medal of the MRS Singapore Best PhD Thesis 2018 (one winner per year);
Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, 2016;
The National Distinguished Youth Expert.
1. L. Cong, R. Singh, "Spatiotemporal Dielectric Metasurfaces for Unidirectional Propagation and Reconfigurable Steering of Terahertz Beams," Adv. Mater. 32, 2001418 (2020)
2. L. Cong, et al, "Electrically programmable terahertz diatomic metamolecules for chiral optical control," Research 2019, 1 (2019) (Science Partner Journal).
3. L. Cong, et al, "All-optical active THz metasurfaces for ultrafast polarization switching and dynamic beam splitting," Light: Science & applications 7, 28 (2018).
4. L. Cong, et al, "Active Phase Transition via Loss Engineering in a Terahertz MEMS Metamaterial," Adv. Mater. 29(26), 1700733 (2017).
5. L. Cong, et al, "Perovskite as a Platform for Active Flexible Metaphotonic Devices," ACS Photonics 4, 1595-1601 (2017). Featured as cover article.
6. L. Cong, et al, "Near-Field Inductive Coupling Induced Polarization Control in Metasurfaces," Adv. Opt. Mater. 4, 848 (2016).
7. L. Cong, et al, "Fano Resonances in Terahertz Metasur-faces: A Figure of Merit Optimization," Adv. Opt. Mater. 3, 1537 (2015). Citation 128 Highlighted as the top 5 download paper. Link: http://www.materialsviews.com/advanced-optical-materials-top-5-sept-2015/.
8. L. Cong, et al, "A Tunable Dispersion-Free Terahertz Metadevice with Pancharatnam-Berry-Phase-Enabled Modulation and Polarization Control," Adv. Mater. 27, 6630 (2015).
9. L. Cong, et al, "Experimental demonstration of ultrasensitive sensing with terahertz metamaterial absorbers: A comparison with the metasurfaces," Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 031107 (2015). Citation 287, Highlighted as the must-read findings on terahertz devices; Most cited paper of APL from 2015-2019; Top 1% most cited papers in Physics by ESI.
10. L. Cong, et al, "Highly flexible broadband terahertz metamaterial quarter‐wave plate," Laser & Photonics Reviews 8, 626 (2014).Citation 180, featured as cover article.
11. L. Cong, et al, "A perfect metamaterial polarization rotator," Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 171107 (2013). Citation 258, Highlighted as the top 1% most cited papers in Physics by ESI.
More papers please refer to: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=OiPJiqcAAAAJ or https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Longqing-Cong
Tera-Meta Lab is recruiting postdoctoral fellow and research assistant. We are also open for application of PhD, Master, and intern positions with background in optics, physics, optoelectronics, materials, and communications. Visiting scholars and exchanging students are also very welcome! Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have interest to join. Postdoc applicants should also send names and email address of at least two referees. Address: South Tower of Engineering Building RM 702, South University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), No. 1088 Xueyuan avenue, Nanshan district, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518055, China, and Tel: +86 (0755) 88010523
South Tower of Engineering Building RM 702, South University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), No. 1088 Xueyuan avenue, Nanshan district, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518055, China