2009-2014 Beijing University of Chemical Technology Ph.D.
2005-2009 Beijing University of Chemical Technology B.S.
Southern University of Science and Technology, SUSTech Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies, Research Associate Professor
Southern University of Science and Technology, SUSTech Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies, Research Assistant Professor
Simon Fraser University Post-doctoral Fellow
Interdisciplinary studies of polyelectrolyte membrane in fuel cell and water electrolysis system
Core member of “Guangdong Innovative and Entrepreneurial Research Team Program”.
Committee member of “Long durable fuel cell” Sichuan provincial key laboratory.
Vice President of “Shenzhen Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association”.
Core member of “Shenzhen Peacock Plan”.
Class-B of “Shenzhen overseas high-level talents Program” (Peacock Plan Class-B).
1. J. Fan, M. Chen, Z. Zhao, Z. Zhang, S. Ye, S. Xu, H. Wang, H. Li*, Bridging the gap between highly active oxygen reduction reaction catalysts and effective catalyst layers for proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Nature Energy. 2021, 6, 475-486.
2. J. Fan, S. Willdorf-Cohen, E. M. Schibli, Z. Paula, W. Li, T.J.G.Skalski, A.T. Sergeenko, A. Hohenadel, B.J. Frisken, E. Magliocca, W.E. Mustain, C.E. Diesendruck, D.R. Dekel & S. Holdcroft*, Poly(bis-arylimidazoliums) possessing high hydroxide ion exchange capacity and high alkaline stability. Nature Comm. 2019, 10, 2306-2311.
3. J. Fan, A. G. Wright, B. Britton, T. Weissbach, T. J. G. Skalski, J. Ward, T. J. Peckham, S.Holdcroft*, Cationic Polyelectrolytes, Stable in 10 M KOHaq at 100 °C. ACS Macro Lett. 2017, 6, 1089-1093.
4. S. Holdcroft†*, J. Fan†. Sterically-encumbered ionenes as hydroxide ion conducting polymer membranes. Curr. Opin. Electrochem. 2019, 18, 99-105.
5. J. Fan, H. Zhu, R. Li, N. Chen, K. Han, Layered double hydroxide / polyphosphazenes-based ionomer hybrid membranes with electric field-aligned domains for hydroxide transport. J. Mater. Chem. A. 2014, 2, 8376-8385.
6. J. Fan, H. Zhu*, R. Li, N. Chen, Montmorillonite Modified by Cationic and Nonionic Surfactants as High-Performance Fluid-Loss-Control Additive in Oil-Based Drilling Fluids. J. Disper. Sci. Technol. 2014, 36, 569-576.
7. A. G. Wright, J. Fan, T. Weissbach, H. Lee, E. Kitching, T. J.Peckham, S. Holdcroft*, Hexamethyl-p-terphenyl poly(benzimidazolium): a universal hydroxide-conducting polymer for energy conversion devices. Energy Environ. Sci., 2016, 9, 2130-2142.
8. N. Chen, Y. Jin, H. Liu, C. Hu, B. Wu, S. Xu, H. Li, J. Fan*, Y.M. Lee*. Insight into the Alkaline Stability of N-Heterocyclic Ammonium Groups for Anion-Exchange Polyelectrolytes. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit, 2021, 60, 2-11.
9. Z. Zhang, C. Jiang, P. Li*, K. Yao, Z. Zhao, J. Fan*, H. Li, H*. Wang. Benchmarking Phases of Ruthenium Dichalcogenides for Electrocatalysis of Hydrogen Evolution: Theoretical and Experimental Insights. Small, 2021, 17, 2007333.
10. H. Huang, L. Ni, S. Xu, F. Luo, J. Fan*, H. Li*, H. Wang. Novel Proton Exchange Membrane with Long-Range Acid.Base-Pair Proton Transfer Pathways Based on Functionalized Polyethyleneimine. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2021, 9, 3963-3974.
11. J. Zou, Y. Jin, Z. Wen, S. Xing, N. Han, K. Yao, Z. Zhao, M. Chen*, J. Fan*, H. Li, H. Wang*. Insights into electrochemical hydrogen compressor operating parameters and membrane electrode assembly degradation mechanisms. J. Power Sources, 2021, 484, 229249.
12. H. Huang, S. Xu, L. Zhang, J. Fan*, H. Li*, H. Wang. A self-humidifying proton exchange membrane embedded with phosphonic acid-functionalized mesoporous silica nanoparticles that has excellent dispersion and water retention. Sustainable Energy & Fuels. 2021, 5, 230.
13. C. Yang, N. Han, Y. Wang, X. Yuan, J. Xu, H. Huang, J. Fan*, H. Li*, H. Wang. A Novel Approach to Fabricate Membrane Electrode Assembly by Directly Coating the Nafion Ionomer on Catalyst Layers for Proton- Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 9803−9812.
14. H. Huang, L. Ni, J. Xu, X. Xie, L. Zhang, C. Yang, J. Fan*, H. Li*, H. Wang. An in situ cross-linked vinylphosphonic acid-modified aminosilicon oxide gel electrolyte for proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Sustainable Energy & Fuels. 2020, 4, 2859-2868.
15. H. Huang, J. Xu, Q. Feng, L. Ni, L. Zhang, C. Yang, J. Fan*, H. Li, H*. Wang. Poly-hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid (PHEDP) as a highly effective water-retentive and proton-conductive material for low-humidity proton exchange membranes. J. Membr. Sci. 2020, 606, 118114.
Jiantao Fan，male，ethnic Han，member of CPC. Vice President of “Shenzhen Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association”. Core member of “Guangdong Innovative and Entrepreneurial Research Team Program”. Core member of “Shenzhen Peacock Plan”. Class-B of “Shenzhen overseas high-level talents Program” (Peacock Plan Class-B).. Graduated from Beijing University of Chemical Technology at 2014.Post-doctoral research in Simon Fraser University from 2014 to 2017.Focused on polyelectrolyte membrane study from 2009. Participate in two “863”program and one“973”program as core member. Explore electrorheological effect on micro phase morphology of polyelectrolyte membrane and sterically protected poly(arylimidazolium)s as highly alkaline stable polyelectrolyte membrane.