Ph.D. in Geology, University of Michigan, 1995-1999
MS in Geology, University of Michigan, 1992-1994
BS in Geochemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, 1985-1990
Research Professor, SUSTech, Dec. 2018 – present
Associate Research Professor, UNLV, Jan. 2011 – Sep. 2018
Beamline Scientist, NSLS, BNL, May 2002 – Dec. 2010
Senior Research Scientist, Stony Brook University, Jan. 2010 – Dec. 2010
Research Scientist, Stony Brook University, May 2002 – Dec. 2009
Postdoctoral Associate, Stony Brook University, June 1999 – April 2002
Research & Teaching Assistant, University of Michigan, Sep. 1992 – May1999
Assistant Staff Scientist, Institute of Geography CAS, July 1990 – Aug. 1992
Research area centers on the development of multi-anvil press-based high-pressure techniques in conjunction with synchrotron radiations and neutron sources for studying materials properties under extreme conditions, and their interdisciplinary applications in physics, chemistry, material sciences, energy and environmental sciences, and geosciences. Recent efforts include the design and synthesis of novel materials for energy storage applications under high pressure conditions.
1. Jin Liu, Yongtao Zou, Guodong Zhan*, Pei Wang , Xiaozhi Yan, Duanwei He*, Liping Wang*, Is the hardness of material harder than diamond reliable? Journal of Material Science & Technology, 2023, 144，111-117.
2. Pei Wang*, Sheng-Cai Zhu, Yongtao Zou, Haiyan Chen, Ying Liu, Weiwei Li, Jian Chen, Jinlong Zhu, Liusuo Wu, Shanmin Wang, Wenge Yang, Yuming Xiao, Paul Chow, Liping Wang*, and Yusheng Zhao*, Concurrent pressure-induced spin-state transitions and Jahn−Teller distortions in MnTe. Chemistry of Materials, 2022, 34, 3931−3940.
3. Xiaohong Yuan, Yong Cheng, Hu Tang, Pei Wang, Fuyang Liu, Songbai Han*, Jinlong Zhu, Ming-Sheng Wang, and Liping Wang*, sp2-to-sp3 transitions in graphite during cold-compression. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2022, 24.
4. WW Li, P. Wang*, C. Xu, H. Tang, P. Ren, ZQ Xie, XF Zhou, J. Chen, SM Wang, SB Han, YS Zhao, and LP Wang*, High-pressure and high-temperature synthesis and in situ high-pressure synchrotron x-ray diffraction study of HfSi2. Inorganic Chemistry, 2021, 60, 15215-15222.
5. Jianzhong Zhang, Liping Wang, Jinlong Zhu, and Yusheng Zhao，Structural disorder, sublattice melting, and thermo-elastic properties of anti-perovskite Li3OBr under high pressure and temperature. Applied Physical Letters, 2020, 117, 081904.
6. Wen-Dan Wang*, Ao Li, Guo-Heng Xu, Pei Wang, Yue-Gao Liu, Li-Ping Wang*, Synthesis of polycrystalline diamond compact with selenium: Discovery of a new Se–C compound. Chinese Physical Letters, 2020, 37, 058101.
7. Hao Liang, Shixue Guan, Xin Li, Akun Liang, Yan Zeng, Chuanqi Liu, Haihua Chen, Weitong Lin, Duanwei He, Liping Wang*, Fang Peng*, Microstructure evolution, densification behavior and mechanical properties of nano-HfB2 sintered under high pressure. Ceramic International, 2019, 45, 7885-7893.
8. Pei Wang*, Ravhi Kumar, Esakki Muthu Sankaran, Xintong Qi, Xinyu Zhang, Dmitry Popov, Andrew L. Cornelius, Baosheng Li, Yusheng Zhao, and Liping Wang*, Vanadium diboride (VB2) synthesized at high pressure: elastic, mechanical, electronic, and magnetic properties and thermal stability. Inorganic Chemistry, 2018, 57, 1096-1105.
9. Shuai Li, Jinlong Zhu, Yonggang Wang, John W. Howard, Xujie Lv, Yutao Li, Ravhi S. Kumar, Liping Wang, Luke L. Daemen, Yusheng Zhao, Reaction mechanism studies towards effective fabrication of lithium-rich anti-perovskites Li3OX (X=Cl, Br), Solid State Ionics, 2016, 284, 14-19.
10. Zhang, JZ; Zhu, JL; Wang, LP; Zhao, YS, A new lithium-rich anti-spinel in Li–O–Br system. Chemical Communications, 2015, 51, 9666-9669.
11. Wang, SM, Ge, H; Sun, SL; Zhang, JZ; Liu, FM; Wen, XD; Yu, XH; Wang, LP; Zhang, Y; Xu, HW; Neuefeind, JC; Qin, ZF; Chen, CF; Jin, CQ; Li, YW; He, DW; Zhao, YS, A new molybdenum nitride catalyst with rhombohedral MoS2 structure for hydrogenation applications. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2015, 137, 4815-4822.
12. Chen, HY, LP Wang, JM Bai, JC Hanson, JB Warren, JT Muckerman, E Fujita, and JA Rodriguez, In situ XRD studies of ZnO/GaN mixtures at high pressure and high temperature: Synthesis of Zn-rich (Ga1-xZnx)(N1-xOx) photocatalysts. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 1809-1814.
13. Hunt, SA, DJ Weidner, L Li, LP Wang, NP Walte, JP Brodholt, and DP Dobson, Weakening of calcium iridate during its transformation from perovskite to post-perovskite. Nature Geoscience, 2009, 2, 794-797.
14. Antao, S.M., C.J. Benmore, Baosheng Li, Liping Wang, E. Bychkov, and J.B. Parise, Network rigidity in GeSe2 glass at high pressure. Physical Review Letters, 2008, 100, 115501.
15. Zhao YS, Zhang JZ, Clausen B, Shen TD, Gray GT, and Wang LP, Thermomechanics of nanocrystalline nickel under high pressure-temperature conditions. Nano Letters, 2007, 7, 426-432.