Peking University (1982-1986). Undergraduate. Bachelor's degree
Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (1988-1991). Master's degree
University College London (2000-2004). Received a doctorate
(The Social Organization of Shang China: a Mortuary Perspective, Doctoral Thesis 04)
Harvard-Yenching Institute of Harvard University (Harvard-Yenching Institute 1995-1996)
Boston University, USA, Advanced World Cultural Heritage Management Course (Boston University 2007 – 2008)
Chinese Bronze Age Archaeology (emphasis on Shang Dynasty Archaeology)
Cultural heritage protection and utilization
Museum display design
Professor of Social Science, Southern University of Science and Technology
Principal Investigator, Institute of Archaeology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Captain of Yinxu Archaeological Team
International Council of Antiquities and Monuments (ICOMOS) experts
Expert of the Chinese Cultural Heritage Committee of the State Administration of Cultural Heritage
Member of the Expert Committee of the Ancient Civilization Center of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
Vice President of China Yin Shang Culture Society (Executive)
Deputy Director of the Xia Shang Archaeological Steering Committee of the Chinese Archaeological Society
Deputy Director of the Chinese Character Museum
Editor-in-Chief of "Orientations" in Chinese
2005-2017: Professor, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Doctoral Supervisor
2014-2016: Professor of Zhengzhou University
2012: Visiting Professor, Hong Kong Baptist University
2007: Visiting Professor, University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada
2005: Visiting Professor, Taiwan National University of Art
Selection of cultural heritage work (nearly 10 years)
2015: ICOMOS (International Antiquities and Monuments Council) commissioned an evaluation report on the Nlanda site of the World Cultural Heritage Candidate Project in India
2015: Participated in the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences-British Academy Cultural Heritage Forum
2014: Entrusted by ICOMOS (International Antiquities and Monuments Council) to go to the SUSA site in Iran for a field trip and write an independent evaluation report to UNESCO on the site's declaration of World Cultural Heritage.
2014: Korea Gyeongju Declaration World Cultural Heritage Consultation Assessment
2012: World Cultural Heritage List China Candidate List Review
2011: Lekgong, a Malaysian ancient site, declares the World Heritage Project Desk Review (commissioned by the International Antiquities and Monuments Council ICOMOS)
2012: Participation in the China-Iran Iranian Cultural Exchange Delegation
2008: Co-hosting the "Culture Contact and Culture Transmission" Forum in Vancouver and the University of British Columbia archaeologist Jing Zhizhen
2006: Participation in the 30th Plenary Session of the World Heritage Committee in Lithuania
2006: Visit Japan to inspect the Pingquan site in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, and comment on the possibility of applying for World Cultural Heritage
Important research projects (nearly 10 years)
Domestic fund project
1. Major Entrusted Project of National Social Science Fund (Project Lot No. 16@ZH017A8): Moderator of "Field Archaeological Materials and Interpretation of Oracle Bone Letters" (2016-2018)
2. The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project Lot No. U1432243): The host of the sub-topic of the source of jade materials, the process of adding and the mechanism of the jade in the Yinxu jade (2014-2016) (the main moderator of the project is Wang Changyi)
3. Key Project of the National Social Science Fund (Project Lot No. 13AKG002): Moderator of "The Ethnicity and Culture of the Sacrificial Bone and the Shang Dynasty's Ethnicity and Culture in the Wangling District of Yin Ruins" (2013-2014)
4. Major Project of the National Social Science Fund (Project Lot No. 13 & ZD100): Moderator of the "Study on Civilization of the Three Great-Generation Capitals of the Great Sites and Heluo" (2014-2016) (The main moderator of the project is Li Yujie)
5, National Science and Technology Department project (project batch number 2013BAK08B07): "Application of GIS technology and VR technology in the exploration of Chinese civilization" (2013-2015)
6. The subject of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (no subject batch number): Moderator of the Yinxu Handicraft Relic and Handicraft Production, commissioned by the Innovation Project of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (2013-2014)
7. Cultural Relics Publishing House, The Complete Works of Chinese Bronze Wares (Continued), Editor-in-Chief, Henan and Jiangxi (2013-2016)
8. Moderator of the Major Project of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Class A, Exploration and Research on the Distribution of the Yin Ruins (including the Development of the Archaeological Data Management System), (2009-2011)
9. The main subject of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Class B, "The Anyang Yinxu Baijiafen East Land Shang Dynasty Residence and Tombs" host, (2003-2011), the result of the form is the monograph "Anyang Heihe Road", 400,000 words, cultural relics publishing house Will be published.
Foreign fund projects (Chinese-foreign cooperation projects)
Urban Organization and Population Dynamics (2014-2018), granted by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, with Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia).
Human and Social Dynamics of Early Bronze Age China: An Interdisciplinary Program (2007-2011), granted by Henry Luce Foundation, USA, with Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia).
Investigation of the Long-term Dynamics of Coupled Human and Ecological Systems in Early China (2006-2009), granted by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, with Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia).
Coevolution of Human Societies and Landscapes in Early China (2003-2006), granted by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, with Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia).
Co-Evolution of Human Societies and Landscapes in the Capital Territory of Late Shang State (Phase II) (2001-2003), granted by the National Science Foundation, USA, with George Rapp, Jr. (University of Minnesota), and Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia).
Systematic Regional Survey in the Huan River Valley, Anyang, China (2000-2002), granted by the National Geographic Society, with George Rapp, Jr. (University of Minnesota).
Interdisciplinary Archaeological Investigation into the Shang Civilization (1997-2001), granted by Malcolm H. Wiener Foundation, USA, with George Rapp, Jr. (University of Minnesota).
Human Settlements and Changing Landscape in Northern China (1997-2000), granted by Henry Luce Foundation and National Science Foundation, USA, with George Rapp, Jr. (University of Minnesota).
Selection of museum work experience (nearly 10 years)
2014-present: "The past events: the South-North Water Transfer Cultural Relics Protection Project Achievements Exhibition", the main curator.
2013-15: "Bone Bronze Jade: World Cultural Heritage Land and Cultural Exhibition", the main curator.
2009: "History of Chinese Character Development", the main curator. The Chinese Character Museum has a large exhibition of 7,000 square meters.
2009: Producer of the Chen Zhan Outline of the "Zhangzhou Yiguan Kiln Museum".
2005: Curator of the "Yinxu Treasures Exhibition" and the designer of the "Themed Water Institute".
Organize or participate in the organization of international and domestic academic activities experience selection (nearly 10 years)
2016: International Conference on Cultural Heritage. Relevant scholars in the Chinese Society (Toronto Declaration On the Relevance and Application of Heritage in Contemporary Society). 2016, Toronto.
2015: Hosting organization: Pre-business culture and early business culture in the perspective of archaeology and the annual meeting of the Xia Shang Archaeological Committee of the Chinese Archaeological Society. Kaifeng in 2015.
2014: Hosted the inaugural meeting of the Xia Shang Archaeological Committee of the Chinese Archaeological Society and the Xia Shang Archaeological Forum. Anyang, 2014.
2013: Hosting the 4th China Chinese Forum and Local Knowledge History International Forum (October 2013)
2012: Participating organizations: East Asia Ancient Smelting International Forum (August 29-September 1st, 2012)
2008: Workshop – Archaeology of Colonial Encounters: Cultural Contact and Interregional Interaction in Early East Asia, co-organized by Zhichun Jing (University of British Columbia) and Anne Underhill (Yale University), sponsored by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada , and American Council of Learned Societies.
2005: Workshop – Social, Cultural, and Historical Dynamics of Early Chinese Civilization in Archaeological, Palaeographical, and Historical Perspectives, Vancouver, Canada, co-organized with Zhichun Jing, Ken'ichi Takashima, and Diana Larry (University of British Columbia), Sponsored by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, and Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange.