Sun Zhaohua, Ph.D., research professor, received his bachelor’s degree in optoelectronics Engineering from the National University of Defense Technology in 2002, and his Ph.D. degree in physical Oceanography (Marine Technology) from the South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2011. He joined the Department of Ocean Science and Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology in 2022. Professor Sun Zhaohua has been engaged in the research and development of marine observation platforms and instruments in the fields of marine geophysics and ocean remote sensing for a long time. He has more than 18 years of experience in marine observation platforms and instruments R&D and industrialization.
2011 Ph.D. in Physical Oceanography/Marine Technology.
South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2007 master's degree in Physical Oceanography/Marine Technology.
South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2002 Bachelor’s degree in optoelectronics Engineering.
The National University of Defense Technology.
2022-present Research Professor, Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
2007-2020, Senior Engineer, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2002- 2006, lecturer, Department of Physics, Shenyang Artillery Institute
1. Joint laboratory project, R&D of optical fiber hydrophone array buoy Technology, 2022/11-2024/11, 4 million yuan, Participated.
2. Joint Laboratory Project, R&D of Underwater Acoustic Communication Technology, 2022/11-2024/11, 3.5 million yuan, Participated.
3. Shenzhen Sustainable Development Science and Technology Special Project, Research and application of three-dimensional integrated unmanned aerial vehicle for Marine environmental monitoring, 2022/07-2025/07, 10 million yuan, Participated.
4. Research and Development Project of Scientific Research Equipment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Research and Development of Deep-sea cable-free gravity Sampling System, 2016/01-2017/12, 4.2 million Yuan.
5. Research and Development Project of Scientific Research Equipment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Marine Bio-optical Profile Measurement System, 2013.10-2017.12, 4.36 million Yuan.
6. Marine Scientific Research Special Fund Project, Pearl River Estuary Water Quality online monitoring technology research and development and integration, 2013/01-2016/12, 7.09 million yuan.
Intellectual Property in the past five years:
Deep-sea exploration technology patents:
1. Zhaohua SUN. UNDERWATER DATA COLLECTION DEVICE AND SYSTEM: Canada, CA 3025351 [P].2020.
2. Zhaohua Sun, Wenxi Cao. Firing pin type cable cutting mechanism and operating method thereof: UK, GB2535894[P].2019.
3. Zhaohua Sun, Wenxi Cao. Dual-clamping type cable cutting mechanism and operating method thereof: UK, GB2538148[P].2019.
4. Yang, Xiaoqiu, Shi, Xiaobin, Sun, Zhaohua, Xu, Hehua, Zeng, Xin. Verfahren zur In-situ-Messung der Warmeleitfahigkeit von Meeresbodensedimenten: Deutschland, 112015002036 [P].2019.
5. Yang Xiaoqiu, Sun Zhaohua, Zeng Xin, Shi Xiaobin. Pop-up long-term monitoring base station for seafloor heat flow: US, US10145982B2, [P].2018.
6. YANG, XIAOQIU, ZENG, XIN, SHI, XIAOBIN, SUN, ZHAOHUA. LONG-TERM SEAFLOOR HEAT FLOW MONITORING PROBE BASED ON UNDERWATER ROBOT PLATFORM: Canada, CA2946611 [P].2018.
7. Sun Zhaohua, Lin Jian, Huang Jianlong, Yang Xiaoqiu, ZENG Xin, Zhou Xuan. A cylindrical sediment gravity sampler for deep-sea wireless sampling and its application: China, ZL201710255390.0 [P].2019.
8. Lin Jian, Sun Zhaohua, Huang Jianlong, Yang Xiaoqiu, Zeng Xin, Zhou Xuan. A wireline gravity sampling System for ultra-deep Seabed Sediments: China, ZL201710255404.9 [P].2019.
9. Huang Jianlong, Lin Jian, SUN Zhaohua, Yang Xiaoqiu, ZENG Xin, Zhou Xuan. A Ring Type Deep Sea Cable Sampler unlocking mechanism: China, ZL201710255431.6 [P].2019.
10.Sun Zhen, Lin Jian, SUN Zhaohua, Huang Jianlong, Huang Rui, LI Xiaowei. A Bottom-based observation platform, Seabed relative geodesy Device and System: China, ZL201610211297.5 [P].2019.
11.Yang Xiaoqiu, Sun Zhaohua, SHI Xiaobin. A Device and Communication Method for Data Communication with Submarine Heat Flow measurement Unit: China, ZL201510402349.2 [P].2018.
Marine Remote sensing observation technology Patents:
12.Zhaohua SUN, Luting Zhang. SMALL INTELLIGENT OPTICAL OBSERVATION APPARATUS FOR WATER BODY AND METHOD OF EVALUATING QUALITY OF GLOBAL WATER BODY: Canada, CA 3075113 [P].2021.
13.Zhaohua SUN. DEVICE FOR IN-SITU OBSERVATION OF APPARENT SPECTRUM OF WATER BODY: US, US2019072377[P].2020.
14.Sun Zhaohua, Zhang Luting. Small intelligent water optical observation equipment and its application method to evaluate global water quality: China, ZL202010600393.5 [P].2020.
15.Sun Zhaohua. Underwater Data Acquisition Equipment and System: China, ZL201680078109.4 [P].2019.
16.Li Zhongping, Sun Zhaohua, SHANG Shaoling. Visibility Measurement Method and Special Equipment: China, ZL201710168722.1 [P].2019.
17.Sun Zhaohua. Floating Device and Water Apparent Spectrum in Situ Measurement System for Water Optical Observation: China, ZL201721112830.9 [P].2018.
18.Sun Zhaohua, Li Wenhua, Li Xiaowei. Hyperspectral Radiometer for Measurement of Radiance: China, ZL201820664717.X [P].2018.
19.Sun Zhaohua, Li Wenhua, Li Xiaowei. Hyperspectral Radiometer for irradiance observation: China, ZL201820676639.5[P].2018.
20.Sun Zhaohua, Li Wenhua, Li Xiaowei. Hyperspectral Radiometer with Synchronous Measurement of irradiance and radiance: China, ZL201820676638.0[P].2018.
21.Sun Zhaohua. In Situ apparent spectral observation method of water: China, ZL201710777613.X [P].2018.
22.Sun Zhaohua. Four-stage Flotation Device and Measurement System for optical observation of water body: China, ZL201820550280.7 [P].2018.
23.Sun Zhaohua. Air bag Flotation Device and Water Apparent Spectrum in Situ Measurement System: China, ZL201820547181.3 [P].2018.
24.Sun Zhaohua, Li Zhongping. Seawater Transparency in Situ measurement device: China, ZL201720550743.5 [P].2018.
1. Tian Liqiao, Li Sen, Sun Xianghan, Sun Zhaohua, SONG Qingjun. Development and application of portable Floating optical buoy for water spectral measurement by Sky Light Occlusion Method [J]. Journal of Remote Sensing,2022,26(01):211-220.
2. Tian, L., Li, S., Li, Y., Sun, Z., Song, Q., & Zhao, J. (2020). A floating optical buoy (FOBY) for direct measurement of water‐leaving radiance based on the skylight‐blocked approach (SBA): An experiment in Honghu Lake, China. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 125, e2020JC016322. https:// doi.org/10.1029/2020JC016322
3. Tian Liqiao, Li Sen, SUN Xianghan, Tong Ruqing, SONG Qingjun, Sun Zhaohua, LI Yong. Development of floating water spectral measurement system based on sky light occlusion method [J]. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis,2020,40(09):2756-2763.
4. Wenkai Li,Liqiao Tian,Shanshan Guo,Jian Li,Zhaohua Sun,Li Zhang. An Automatic Stationary Water Color Parameters Observation System for Shallow Waters: Designment and Applications[J]. Sensors,2019,19(20).
5. Xiaohan Liu,Zhongping Lee,Yunlin Zhang,Junfang Lin,Kun Shi,Yongqiang Zhou,Boqiang Qin,Zhaohua Sun. Remote Sensing of Secchi Depth in Highly Turbid Lake Waters and Its Application with MERIS Data[J]. Remote Sensing,2019,11(19).
6. Qu Zhou,Liqiao Tian,Onyx W. H. Wai,Jian Li,Zhaohua Sun,Wenkai Li. Impacts of Insufficient Observations on the Monitoring of Short- and Long-Term Suspended Solids Variations in Highly Dynamic Waters, and Implications for an Optimal Observation Strategy[J]. Remote Sensing,2018,10(2).
7. Zhao Jun,Cao Wenxi,Xu Zhantang,Ye Haibin,Yang Yuezhong,Wang Guifen,Zhou Wen,Sun Zhaohua. Estimation of suspended particulate matter in turbid coastal waters: application to hyperspectral satellite imagery.[J]. Optics express,2018,26(8).
8. Jun Zhao,Wenxi Cao,Zhantang Xu,Bin Ai,Yuezhong Yang,Guangzhen Jin,Guifen Wang,Wen Zhou,Yong Chen,Haiyun Chen,Zhaohua Sun. Estimating CDOM Concentration in Highly Turbid Estuarine Coastal Waters[J]. Journal of Geophysical Research: -oceans, 2018123 (8).
9. Jian Li,Liqiao Tian,Qingjun Song,Zhaohua Sun,Hongjing Yu,Qianguo Xing. Temporal Variation of Chlorophyll-a Concentrations in Highly Dynamic Waters from Unattended Sensors and Remote Sensing Observations[J]. Sensors,2018,18(8).
10.Deng Shiquan, Tian Liqiao, Li Jian, Chen Xiaoling, Sun Zhaohua, Zhang Li, Wei Anna. Inversion algorithm of chlorophyll a concentration in turbidity water based on GF-5 satellite hyperspectral sensor: A case study of Poyang Lake [J]. Journal of central China normal university (natural science edition), 2018,52 (03) : 409-415. The DOI: 10.19603 / j.carol carroll nki. 1000-1190.2018.03.018.
11.Sun Zhaohua, CAO Wenxi, Huang Jianlong, Zhou Xuan, LI Xiaowei, ZOU Guo-Wang. Design and application of navigational ocean observation platform [J]. Journal of Tropical Oceanography,2018,37(05):13-19.
12.Cao Wenxi, Sun Zhaohua, Li CAI, Zou Guo-Wang. Design and application of data acquisition and receiving system of water quality monitoring buoy [J]. Journal of Tropical Oceanography,2018,37(05):1-6.
13.Cao Wenxi, Sun Zhaohua, Li CAI, Zhou Wen, XU Zhantang. In situ measurement of phytoplankton grain size structure [J]. Optics and Precision Engineering,2018,26(04):764-770.
14.Cao Wenxi, Sun Zhaohua, Li CAI, Zou Guo-Wang. Pollution prevention measures of water quality monitoring buoys and their sensors [J]. Journal of Tropical Oceanography,2018,37(05):7-12.
15.Cao Wenxi, Sun Zhaohua, Li CAI, Zhou Wen, XU Zhantang. In situ measurement of phytoplankton grain size structure [J]. Optics and Precision Engineering, 2018, 26(4):764-770.